HalloQween, presented by Poof Doof, is Melbourne’s biggest annual LGBTQI+ Halloween party. In its 9th year this year, the event - being held on Saturday 26th October - has moved to its new home, Melbourne’s iconic venue: Forum Melbourne.
From its humble roots as a dress up dance party for a few hundred Doofers, HalloQween has grown to be one of the most anticipated annual events on the Melbourne LGBTQI+ calendar.
This year Anthony Hocking, owner of Poof Doof, is taking it up a notch or 10. “Its wild to think about the last 9 years and how huge this event has become. We’ve outgrown all the club venues in Melbourne - we needed a space to host a ball rather than a dance party. Forum Melbourne was the obvious choice for us - literally giving us a stage to perform our biggest HalloQween ever!”
Highlights of the night will include:
- Hosted by Joel Creasey and drag superstar Karen From Finance (live streamed online)
- Blood Red Carpet Arrivals from 8.00pm hosted by Edith Vale & Maureen McGillicuddy (of Granny Bingo fame) (Winners of The Gibbo - Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2018)
- Live performance by Australian superstar headline act Sneaky Sound System
- Live performances by The Voice finalist Sheldon Riley as well as Owl Eyes featuring Jimi the Kween (Live)
- Sets by some of Melbourne’s most popular club DJs including Sunshine, Argonaut and drag DJ duo Jawbreakers
- Performances by multi award winning Yummy
- Spectacular theming and décor by the team behind some of Poof Doof’s most outrageous and popular themed events
- Lighting and tech by Colour Blind (Splendour In the Grass, Rufus Du Sol, Hayden James, Peking Duk, Coachella
Whilst the format might have changed from rave to show, guests can expect to be up and dancing from the minute they arrive from 8.00pm sharp.
Event times: 8.00pm-sharp - 1.00am
Tickets on sale at 9am Thursday 29th August